Carrots may be known as one of the best sources of skin and eye health-promoting vitamin A, but did you know that pumpkins are an equally rich source?
Our exclusive PUMP(KIN) YOU UP cold-pressed juice blend is our newest flavor offering at Pulp Story — featuring a warm, fall-inspired taste, as well as health perks from pumpkin juice such as high amounts of beta carotene/vitamin A, vitamin C, and other antioxidants.
What Makes Pumpkin Juice Beneficial?
Pumpkin juice is extracted from raw pumpkins. Much like carrots, sweet potatoes and other starchy, orange or yellow-colored veggies, pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C and various other antioxidants.
Pumpkin is especially rich in beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A that is associated with health benefits including support for vision, skin health and healthy immune function.
The pumpkin juice found in our PUMP(KIN) YOU UP wellness shots offers some of these key benefits:
- Contains antioxidants including lutein and zeaxanthin that help protect the eyes against damage and support normal vision.
- Provides vitamin C and beta carotene which fight oxidative stress and help keep inflammation and infections at bay.
- A combination of vitamin A, C and E help in maintaining healthy and beautiful skin, such as by protecting against formation of fine lines and wrinkles due to sun exposure, while also promoting collagen synthesis.
- Antioxidant and potassium-rich foods help normalize blood pressure levels and support heart health.
- Low in calories and a natural source of carbohydrates, which can help provide you with energy and potentially improve your mood and sleep.
- Makes a great substitute for sugary beverages made with artificial ingredients.
- Contains other essential nutrients including: magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, vitamin E, B vitamins, copper, and phosphorus.
What Other Ingredients Are Found In PUMP(KIN) YOU UP?
Pumpkin juice isn't the only powerhouse ingredient found in this blend. In addition to containing pumpkin, our PUMP(KIN) YOU UP pressed juice shots are made with the following nutrient-rich, organic ingredients:
- Organic Apple Juice
- Organic Pumpkin Juice
- Organic Ginger Juice
- Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Turmeric Juice
- Organic Lemon Juice
- Organic Cinnamon Powder
- Organic Vanilla Extract
Many of our pressed juice shots are made with turmeric and ginger juice, two spices that have long been associated with anti-inflammatory effects, as well as immune and digestive support. Both are rich in antioxidants, compounds that prevent stress and damage to your body's DNA and cells, while fighting off chronic diseases.
Turmeric contains the active compound called curcumin, which has been shown in hundreds of research studies to have health promoting effects such as:
- Fighting infections
- Reducing inflammation, soreness and pain
- Supporting healthy cognitive function, memory and a positive mood
- And much more
Ginger is another rockstar when it comes to alleviating a variety of digestive issues, plus it contains anti-inflammatory compounds including gingerol that can help fight illnesses such as colds, the flu, viruses and dental infections. You'll also find lemon juice in many of our cold pressed juices because it has a natural alkalizing effect and can support kidney health, detoxification and digestion.
Additionally, coconut milk is added to this cold pressed juice blend to provide some healthy fats while also lending a delicious, creamy flavor. Vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup play up the delicious flavor of pumpkin as well, while contributing to a balanced taste without adding too much sugar.
Like our other flavors, PUMP(KIN) YOU UP wellness shots are 100% cold-pressed, pure and preservative free. Cold-pressing juice helps to keep delicate nutrients intact, such as vitamins and antioxidants, so that none of their healing benefits are lost during the manufacturing process.
When Should You Drink PUMP(KIN) YOU UP Shots?
Our 2-ounce wellness shots can be consumed any time of day you'd like — such as in the morning in place of coffee, before a workout, or in between meals as a satisfying pick-me-up snack.
Depending on your goals, such as weight loss or reducing inflammation, you can consume between 1 to 3 shots daily. If practicing intermittent fasting, you may want to have a low-sugar shot in place of a meal. Otherwise, we recommend switching up the wellness shot flavors that you consume to best obtain a variety of different nutrients.